Bangsbo Botanical Garden, Frederikshavn
Welcome to Bangsbo Botanical Garden. A 20-acre garden located at the old Bangsbo manor house. Come and visit the old English-inspired park full of benches, expanses of lawns, ancient trees and gazebos. It also includes a rose garden, physic and herb garden, a sensory garden, a historical garden with imported fruit and berries and a collection of bonsai trees.
Above the old park is the actual botanical garden which started up in 2006 and now consists of lakes and canals, the world’s largest crevice garden with alpine plants, a tuff bed, also with alpine plants, forest floor beds, a Norwegian granite cliff and various plant collections, such the plantain lily collection, the geranium collection and, most recently in the autumn of 2015, beds with the peony collection.
Open 24 hrs.
- Botanical Gardens
- Car parking - Large car park on Vrangbækvej street
- Bus parking - Yes
- Toilets - At the roundabout by Understedvej/Vrangbækvej
- Handicap toilets - At the roundabout by Understedvej/Vrangbækvej
- Brochures / information - Yes - at the entrances
- Café / restaurant / vending machine - It is possible to buy coffee, soft drinks and ice cream at the North Jutland Coastal Museum, Bangsbo
- Picnic sites - Yes
- Guided tours - Guided tours for groups and associations by appointment. Price: DKK 500. Duration: 1.5-2 hours.
- Shop - No
- Benches in the garden - Yes
- Dogs welcome - Yes, on a lead, remember poop bags
- Miscellaneous - 1st weekend in June, the Bangsbo Flower festival takes place. Read more at www.bangsboblomsterfestival.dk
Bangsbo Botanical Garden, Frederikshavn recommends in the vicinity:
Motel Lisboa: www.lisboa.dk
Restaurant Møllehuset: www.mollehuset.dk
Kystmuseet Bangsbo: www.kystmuseet.dk
Bangsbo Fort: www.kystmuseet.dk