A country garden. The garden has been renovated and transformed into a blooming garden, spread over several garden compartments. Many old trees, including a pollarded willow hedgerow (with hollow willows, as in Hans Christian Andersen’s “the Tinderbox”), chestnut, mulberry trees, beech trees and a lime tree that is around 250 years old. More than 20 large arches have been built for the flowering climbers. A garden with both a herb garden and spice garden; we use/eat many of the garden’s products and make plenty of flower arrangements. There is also a glass house/orangery, which has enough space for small functions. Beech hedge in the yard Our overall goal is to create harmony between the garden and the buildings. We have lived here since 2005. In 2006, the garden was awarded a certificate from Sorø Bevaringsforening (conservation association) for its successful restoration.
The garden is open from 1 May to 1 November on the 1st Sunday and 1st Tuesday of the month from 11 am to 4 pm. Open by special appointment
Admission to the garden: DKK 40
- Themed Gardens
- Car parking - Space for 70 cars (more by special agreement)
- Bus parking - Space for 2 coaches (more by special agreement)
- Toilets - Yes
- Handicap toilets - No
- Brochures / information - Yes, at the entrance and signs in the garden.
- Café / restaurant / vending machine - No
- Picnic sites - No
- Guided tours - Information for groups.
- Shop - Shop, open by special appointment. Always during garden visits.
- Benches in the garden - Yes, approx. 12 persons.
- Dogs welcome - No
- Miscellaneous - See our website.
Alstedgaardhaven recommends in the vicinity:
Sorø Academy with its garden and Klosterkirken abbey, Sankt Bendts Church in Ringsted, Fjenneslev Church, Bjernede Rundkirke (Round Church) and the area around the Tystrup Bavelse lakes.
Not far from Sorø, Ringsted, Næstved and a nearby B&B.