G. N. Brandt’s Garden
Visitors gain insight into G. N. Brandt’s private garden, which was established in 1914. The garden is split into sections and shows some of Brandt’s ornamental design, which is based on European ornamental gardening traditions. It also demonstrates Brandt’s principles for creating private gardens, with the methods and the prevailing social background of the time. Each part of the garden has its own story and historical background.
G. N. Brandt’s Garden is open all year round and is a public park in the municipality of Gentofte.
Entrance is free, providing that you adhere to the rules of conduct.
- Themed Gardens
- Car parking - Space for 4 cars as well as on adjacent side roads
- Bus parking - One coach can stop outside the garden
- Toilets - 100 m from the garden by Ordrup chapel
- Handicap toilets - No
- Brochures / information - Yes
- Café / restaurant / vending machine - No
- Picnic sites - No
- Guided tours - Guided tours are available and can be arranged by phone
- Shop - No
- Benches in the garden - Yes
- Dogs welcome - Yes on a lead, remember your poop bag
- Miscellaneous - Reclaimed gas lamps, summer cottage, arches over the entrance to the various garden rooms, sculpture "Leda and the swan", listed memorials and its ”own” canal, as a natural ditch with wildflowers.
G. N. Brandt’s Garden recommends in the vicinity:
Ordrup churchyard containing Brandt’s grave. The churchyard was developed by G.N. Brandt.