The Geographical Garden
The Geographical Garden is a 30-acre botanic garden, split into geographical areas, in which the plants are planted according to their geographical origins so that you can see where they came from.
You and the family can see hothouses, animals and birds from many different countries, jungle paths, play areas and Kolding Minitown. Gather inspiration for your own garden in the small concept gardens or see the thousands of roses in the Rosarium and Rose Garden. Bring along a hamper or visit our inviting café, which serves coffee, cakes and snacks throughout the summer. You can also participate in one of the many events that are held throughout the summer.
Opening hours: daily 1 May - 30 Sep. 10 am - 6 pm
Winter season: On weekdays 1 Oct - 30 Apr 7.30 am - 2.30 pm
Admission to the garden and minitown:
- Children under 18 admitted free
- Adults DKK 75
- Senior citizens DKK 55
- Students DKK 35
- Groups of min. 10 persons DKK 55 per pers.
Season tickets can be purchased from our website.
- Botanical Gardens
- Car parking - 70 parking spaces and 2 handicap spaces
- Bus parking - Spaces for 2 buses
- Handicap toilets - 2
- Brochures / information - A free welcome folder is provided on admission. Additional special brochures are available at the entrance
- Café / restaurant / vending machine - The garden café serves coffee/tea / cakes / beer / mineral waters / sandwiches / garden brunch / afternoon tea
- Picnic sites - There are several cabins and shelters around the garden where you can enjoy your own food
- Guided tours - See the website for more details
- Shop - Postcards, posters, etc. can be bought at the entrance
- Benches in the garden - 60 picnic tables
- Dogs welcome - Must be on a lead, please remember to bring a bag for the dog droppings
- Miscellaneous - See the programme of events in the season programme, which is free at the entrance or can be read on the website